Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THE BENEFITS OF SLOWING DOWN HOW FAST YOU EAT!!

All of my life I have always been one to eat my food really fast for no good reason at all.  I suppose that it was because I just wanted to eat fast enough so my brain wouldn't realize that I was full.  Since I have started my weight loss journey it has really helped me out a lot to eat slowly and enjoy the food that I'm eating instead of devouring it.  In May of 2006 when I began my lifestyle change I began to eat slowly and actually enjoy the food that I have been eating.  After I take a bite now I put down my eating utensil until the food is swallowed and then I pick up the utensil and have another bite.  This has several benefits which has really helped me out in my lifestyle change and weight loss journey.  The first benefit that I now have is that I enjoy each bite of food of my meal or snack and actually taste the food instead of just eating really fast without fully enjoying my food.  The other benefit that I now have is that I get full after eating much less food because I'm eating slower and my brain has time to let me know that I'm getting full.  I also now feel satisfied after eating my meal or snack instead of feeling stuffed like i did before.  This is something that took some time to get used to doing but now I do this each time I eat.  So a tip I would suggest doing is to eat slower, enjoy your food, and you will feel satisfied after eating much less food.

2 comments:

  1. You know we are told his are whole lives but we just don't do it.. Thanks~~ I'm really going to try to incorporate this into my healthier life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it took me about 35 years before I started to do it at every meal but now it's a good habit I have :) THNX, Kevin

    ReplyDelete