Sunday, May 23, 2010

A FEW IDEAS FOR A HEALTHY LUNCH

 I have my lunch between noon and 12:30 p.m. during the week and always make my lunch along with my other snacks the night before so that I'm prepared for the upcoming day. For lunch I like to have a healthy sandwich using whole grain bread that is high in fiber and around 100 calories for 2 slices of bread. I eat tuna, deli sliced turkey, ham, or roast beef and put lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard on the sandwich which makes for a very tasty and healthy sandwich.  On days that I prefer to have something else besides a sandwich I have recently been having a turkey hot dog which is low in calories on a whole grain hot dog bun with mustard which tastes great. To go along with the sandwich or turkey dog I have a fat free pudding cup, a fat free yogurt, a 100 calorie snack, and a fiber one bar which is very filling along with a 32 ounce bottle of low calorie gatoraid.  I also like to have some fruit with my lunch like a banana, orange, apple, grapes, strawberries, or some mixed fruit.              
   

No comments:

Post a Comment