Thursday, January 20, 2011

Changing Up Your Exercise Routine Often

Hello everyone I hope you all have all had a great start to 2011 so far.
I thought It would be a great time to write a little bit about changing up our exercise routine so we don't get bored and fall off the wagon which we all know can happen from time to time. 

What I have been doing lately which has kept my daily exercising fresh is to have several different activities instead of doing the same thing day in and day out.

I belong to 24 hour fitness that is close to my place and also have access to a gym at my work which makes it very convenient to get my exercise in.  I try to get in 1 hour or more of exercise on a daily basis. I go on long walks in my neighborhood, hit golf balls on the driving range, play basketball, walk on the treadmill at the gym, use the elliptical machine at the gym, life weights 3 days a week at the gym, take various exercise classes offered at the gym that are all about 60 minutes long, go to the beach especially in the summer for walks on the boardwalk, and I get paid to ride a bike at work 4 out of my 5 days a week which keeps me in pretty good shape.

By doing this it keeps me interested in working out on a daily basis and it doesn't get boring since I mix it up quite a bit.  I'm also working on getting a new 3 day weight lifting routine set up since I've been doing the same one for over 1 year now.

So a big tip I would recommend is to have several different exercise activities that you enjoy which will keep you away from being bored of doing the same exercises day in and day out!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment